These promises about the tithe come from my primary passage Malachi 3:8-12, during which God makes this request, “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,’ says the Lord of hosts.” This is what God says He will do if you test Him:
- “I will not open for you the windows of heaven” – This indicates a sudden deluge of activity. It is important to note God used this same verbiage in Genesis 7:11-12 when referring to Noah’s flood.
- “and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” – Rather than being a destructive form of judgement as in Noah’s day, this sudden deluge of activity will be blessings which cannot be contained.
- “Then I will rebuke the devourer for you” – Many feel that there was also a physical drought during Malachi’s day in addition to the spiritual drought. The caterpillars and locusts which devoured crops were under God’s mighty hand. So are the devourers in your life.
- “so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground” – It has been my experience things just last longer for those who put God first with their finances. The cars last longer. The appliances last longer. The HVAC seems to keep working.
- “nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts. – Back to farming, you will no longer be a barren land. You will live a fruitful and joyful life. While God may directly bless your finances, He may choose to bless other areas of your life such as your family, health, career or spiritual condition of those you love.
- “All the nations will call you blessed” – Wikipedia states there are 195 countries in the world today. Google Analytics says the leadership content from this site has been read in 198 countries since the beginning of the year. Literally, every nation in the world has benefited from this site’s content.
- “for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts. – A revival of generosity and the love of people will be an attractive quality for all who know you.